The goal of all marketing efforts is to grow a business either by acquiring new customers or by getting existing customers to make more purchases. There are many ways to go about it some are paid or inorganic and some are free or organic.
Most businesses use a combination of both paid and organic marketing, But like everything, there are exceptions to this way of going about marketing and some entrepreneurs have set up multi-million dollar businesses purely using one type of marketing.
In this article:-
- What are Organic and Inorganic marketing?
- What are the differences between Organic and Inorganic marketing?
- Which one is best for your goals?
- Something you might wanna know.
What are Organic and Inorganic marketing?
Organic marketing:- Organic marketing refers to the different types of marketing that use ways to naturally get traffic and customers rather than artificially or via paid mediums of marketing, some types of organic marketing are:-
- Unpaid social media posts on sites like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Blog posts in the blog section of the website or there can even be a dedicated blog website.
- Email newsletters for both building a relationship with prospects and product launches.
- Youtube as in posting your content or it could be something as simple as a shoutout from a known creator.
- SEO aka Search engine optimization is done to increase the visibility of your website.
Inorganic marketing:- Inorganic marketing or paid marketing refers to using types of marketing that rely on artificial traffic meaning paying to get traffic, some types of Inorganic marketing are:-
- Paid ads on different platforms like google ads, Facebook ads, etc., and there are also different types of ads search ads, display ads, video ads, etc.
- Sponsored posts on social media platforms by well-known creators with an audience that overlaps the target market for the business.
- Sponsoring parts of a youtube video is also rather common.
- A lot of businesses also run affiliate programs.
What are the differences between organic and inorganic marketing?
- Organic and Inorganic marketing differ when it comes to monetary investment, you have to directly pay for traffic in Inorganic marketing, it is more like an exchange than an investment. Whereas in Organic marketing given you don’t use paid tools it can be an investment of purely time and effort instead of money.
- Organic marketing is comparatively slower when it comes to giving results for your investment, in the case of Inorganic marketing as soon as you pay up in less than a week you will start seeing traffic coming to you, but for Organic marketing, results might show up months down the road.
Which one is best for your goals?
In most cases, it is best to use some kind of combination of both Organic and Inorganic marketing because it is always better to use all the possible resources you can to maximize the growth of your business.
If you have to choose one then If you have money and a tight schedule for growth you should go with paid or Inorganic marketing, but if you are tight on budget but have a lot of time to spare Organic marketing might be the move for you.
But these days organic marketing on social media platforms is becoming super hard as most of the organic posts get lost in the sea of paid posts and you have META to thank for that.
But it is not all darkness you can now use reels which for the most part as long as you have good content and consistency can grow into a successful stream of traffic to your business.
As you can see it is not a right-wrong, yes-no question a lot of deliberation needs to happen in order to make a decision I hope the above information at least helps make it easier to deliberate.
Something you might wanna know.
If you already have some kind of marketing efforts going on, then here is how you can make them a lot better without changing your marketing strategy. Copywriting is probably one of the few things stopping you from achieving the kind of business success you want.
Copywriting at the very least is gonna significantly improve your sales and growth or in the best case can double your sales.
Click here and read What is copywriting and how it can supercharge your sales with the words?
To read more interesting articles on the Global Growth Forum.
To read more interesting articles in Hindi visit the Mojo patrakar