Refrigeration and Air conditioning are some of the most important technologies. And without them, a large portion of the population would run out of food to eat.
In this article:-
- What are refrigeration and air conditioning technologies?
- Why are refrigeration and air conditioning super important?
- What do the Refrigeration and Air conditioning technician do?
What are refrigeration and air conditioning technologies?
Both refrigeration and air conditioning are used to cool the temperature of closed spaces. Both of them work with similar processes like the expansion of specially designed gasses and turning them into liquid.
Despite their similarities, Air conditioning and Refrigeration differ quite a bit.
- Refrigeration: The devices used for the process of refrigeration are known as refrigerators. Refrigeration is defined as the removal of heat from one space to another. It is used in many different industries including Food and beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Data centers, etc.
- Air conditioning: Air conditioning is used to control Humidity, ventilation, and temperature inside a building and vehicles. Air conditioning is done using devices known as Air conditioners. It is also used in a number of different industries including Machines and equipment industries, printing, photography, candy and gum industries, etc.
Both Refrigeration and Air conditioning are very important in a range of industries, and places like laboratories are also in need of proper air conditioning and refrigeration.
Why are refrigeration and air conditioning super important?
We know that Refrigeration and Air conditioning are needed in many different industries. But how important are they exactly?
- Food and beverages: The food and Beverage industry would be completely gone if it was not for refrigerated transportation units and refrigerated storage units. Refrigerated units help keep the food unspoiled when it is transported over long distances. Whereas storage units are used to store the food before it is transported. There are also storage units used to keep food stored for emergency cases. If it was not for Refrigeration and Air conditioning international foods import and export would be pretty much impossible.
- Pharmaceuticals: In pharmaceuticals, many medicines are needed to be kept below a certain temperature to make sure they are usable. To keep medicines at a certain temperature specialized cooling containers are used. Different sizes of containers are used for different sizes of medicinal transport.
- Laboratories: Laboratories also require different levels of temperatures for different kinds of experiments. Some cooling containers are also needed to store samples and keep them from being contaminated.
- General comfort: People use air conditioners and refrigerators in their homes and Most office spaces also use proper air conditioning to make sure the people working there are as comfortable as possible to make sure they can work effectively and efficiently.
No need to say that refrigeration and air conditioning are also used in many other situations as well. But at least now we have an idea of how important Refrigeration and Air conditioning are.
What do the Refrigeration and Air conditioning technician do?
The Refrigeration and Air conditioning technician work on all kinds of projects of different sizes, in various settings including Domestic, public buildings, and commercial settings. Technicians have a range of duties and responsibilities:-
- Installation: First and foremost the Refrigeration and Air conditioning technicians should have the necessary skills and knowledge about the installation of Air conditioning and/or Refrigeration systems. But even before installation, Some steps are needed to be taken.
- Testing and Inspection: An Air conditioning and Refrigeration technician should also run all the necessary tests to make sure systems are ready to be installed. Tests range from electrical tests to physical inspections.
- Regular maintenance: Air conditioning and Refrigeration technicians take care of the regular maintenance running daily, weekly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly tests and maintenance. Overhauling of the system is done though the time frame depends entirely on the system itself and how well it is maintained.
- Repairs: Repairs are done by the technicians only in the case of a breakdown. Meaning either the system is not working at all or is not doing what it is supposed to do.
Air conditioning and Refrigeration technician should also be able to learn and grow as new and better systems are developed all the time. They should also be able to keep up with the raising standards and expectations of the clients.
If you would like to learn more about Air conditioning and Refrigeration here is the link to the official WorldSkills competition page on it.
To read more interesting articles in English visit the Global Growth forum.
Here is the link to the Mojo patrakar for interesting articles in Hindi.