The FICCI has been organizing global skill summits or GSS since 2007 and the 13th global skill summit has begun on the 27th of September, and it is a 2-day event with a wide range of features to it like conferences, panel sessions, expositions, B2B meetings, and the famous VIRASAT. A number of people from different organizations are taking part in the event.
In this article:-
- Who is FICCI?
- What is The 13th Global Skill Summit?
- What is VIRASAT?
- Some of the key deliberations
- Who is in attendance for the 13th Global Skill Summit?
Who is FICCI?
The federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry or FICCI for short is a non-government, non-profit organization that was set up in 1927. It is now the oldest apex business organization and also one of the largest in India.
The history of FICCI is closely interwoven with the history of India from the Indian independence struggle to India’s industrialization and now through India’s emergence as one of the fastest growing global economies.
The FICCI has contributed to all of the above processes in a substantial manner by encouraging debate, influencing policies, and articulating the private sector’s views.
What is The 13th Global Skill Summit?
The 13th GSS or The 13th Global Skill Summit is an event that is going to focus on easing the education to employability transition for the students of our country. FICCI looks at employability skills as a very important part of the things needed to create a sustainable livelihood.
In this GSS a lot of discussions are also taking place on the subject of entrepreneurship with the goal of encouraging people to look at entrepreneurship as a possible career goal. And similar discussions are taking place on subjects like craftsmanship, and apprenticeship.
There will also be discussions on the financing models of Indian TVET and a deep dive deliberation on how a robust financing system can truly support the Education to Employability Transition in India.
Everyone is welcome to be a part of the revolution and engage with participants of this event numbering over 400, from government officials both central and state to policymakers, to training partners, to industry leaders and representatives from different organizations, as well as students.
What is VIRASAT?
VIRASAT-the heritage has become one of the main attractions of the Global Skill Summits since its launch in the 11th Global Skill Summit, It is a very unique kind of industry that is meant for providing a visible platform for the small to medium size enterprises working at the cluster level.
It is a platform for those enterprises to showcase their skills and their arts. On a broader scale, the goal of the VIRASAT is to give the traditional clusters to share best practices and the prevailing problems in their sphere, and how they plan to move forward despite those challenges.
Some of the key deliberations of the 13th GSS.
- Development of skills of the new generation is a need of the national magnitude. And it is gonna be the foundation of self-reliant India or Atmanirbhar Bharat. And what steps must be taken to integrate vocational education with formal education?
- How do we measure the more enhanced employability quotient? And the tool that can help ease the transition from education to employability is the apprenticeship.
- How can we create a skilling ecosystem in the country that is led by the industry itself? and how do we increase engagement with the industries?
- Supporting Entrepreneurs and new businesses, how can Government and Industry collaborate to support them with the ease of doing business?
Who is in attendance for the 13th Global Skill Summit?
People from a lot of different parts of the country and different organizations and even some international guests are gonna be joining the 13th Global Skill Summit. The expected number of participants is 400.
- People from large corporate houses and public sector undertakings.
- People from small to medium enterprises.
- Senior government officials, members of the academia.
- People from NGOs, INGOs, and Think Tank groups.
- People representing Multilateral and Bilateral Agencies.
- Training partners and industrial training partners.
Make sure you attend the networking lunch and dinner for opportunities to meet people from your industry.
To read more interesting articles visit The Global Growth Forum.
To read more interesting articles in Hindi Mojo patrakar.